I am a manager at BEKK Consulting, Oslo Norway. Currently, I am engaged as a system developer for a project at a large postal and logistics services company. I am a coder and language enthusiast, and also have a great interest for agile methods and XP. I always strive for simplicity and elegance when writing code. Even though being a tech-head, my primary driver is the end-user, technology secondary.
Most of my technological experience is with Java and related tools, but I am very fascinated by functional languages such as Scala and Clojure. What I learn from studying alternative languages influence my Java-programming in a positive way.
Java. Maven. Object-oriented design. Automated testing.
Clean, simple, elegant code.
- Systems developer - Bekk Consulting AS
- 2007 - present. Promoted as Manager in 2013. Mainly developing systems within the finance sector, and the state welfare department. Gained thorough experience with Java, JEE, and common technology stacks for enterprise development. In addition to doing coding, design, and architecture, I have experience and interest in automated testing on a requirements/behavior level.
- Beta tester - Truepianos
- 2005 - 2009. Occasional beta-testing of the Truepianos software instrument (VSTi).
- Course Assistant - NTNU, Department of Computer and Information Science
- 2006. As a Course Assistant in IT1104 Programming, my duties were to be present and assist students on weekly scheduled computer labs, and to correct assignments.
- Developer Intern - Bekk Consulting AS
- 2005. For my BSc degree final project I was a member of a team which developed a mobile timekeeping system consisting of mobile J2ME client, server and a complete environment for further development and testing. I gained thorough experience in various Java techologies, as Hibernate, JUnit and JAAS as well as the use of Eclipse and Maven as development environment and build system.
- Master’s degree, Computer Science. Specializing in systems engineering.
- 2005 - 2007, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
- Bachelor’s degree, Computer Science.
- 2002 - 2005, Oslo University College.
- Upper secondary school, general courses with specialization in music, piano as main instrument.
- 1997 - 2000, Stange videregående skole.
- Functional Programming Principles in Scala.
- 2012, with distinction. École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (Coursera.org), Martin Odersky.
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
- 2010. scrumalliance.org
- Sun Certified Web Component Developer
- 2010. Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 5 (CX-310-083)
- Sun Certified Programmer
- 2008. Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition 6.0 (CX-310-065)
- Operating systems
- Linux, OS X (Mac), Windows
- Frameworks, libraries, and products
- Spring, JPA/Hibernate, Wicket, JAX-WS/SOAP/Apache CXF, JAXB, Maven, FitNesse, Selenium, HTMLUnit, Eclipse, JUnit, Mockito, JMeter, Git, Subversion, Jenkins CI Server, Jetty, JBoss Application Server 7, JMS, Oracle Database, HSQLDB, SOLR.